Financial CWU Members have access to an array of benefits including:
The following is a brief overview of services and benefits provided to Members of the CWU Communications Division.
- Advice and representation on matters related to their pay and working conditions.
- Advice on matters related to equal employment opportunity, harassment and discrimination in their workplace.
- Advice and if appropriate representations on their behalf during disciplinary proceedings or in appeals against management decisions to transfer or dismiss.
- Free Journey Cover – To and From Work . Also coverage for Union Members who might experience an accident on their way to/from an out of hours union meeting.
- Access to professional advice from qualified persons about:
Legal matters, compensation claims, legal services
Financial and investment matters
P.S. The first consultation is free – any fees or charges for further consultation/s, advice or services rendered is the responsibility of the member. Exceptions to the general rule will be notified at the time of the first consultation.
- Significant discounts on a wide range of products and services when purchased through the Union Shopper.
- Visits by Union Officials to Work Centres.
- Receipt of the Unions Annual Financial Report, Branch Newspapers and Circulars on current issues.
- The opportunity to attend General Meetings or meetings called to discuss specific issues, which affect Union Members.